What does it mean to be a school that is dedicated to learning for sustainability, the full implementation of global competency in curriculum, and relevant community impact? The Inspire Citizens’ Global Impact School model provides a blueprint that allows educators and schools to pinpoint areas of opportunity and development around nine strands for greatest, sustainable impact.
Global Impact Schools model also provides a self-study tool for schools to monitor progress, collect evidence, and gain insights into potential next steps towards deep global competence. Participants will get hands-on opportunities to experience each of the stands, helping to pinpoint next steps towards transformative global competence education via:
- Analyzing opportunities and parlaying cultural, geographical, and educational strengths of the school and community.
- Supporting missions, visions, and unity of community culture around global competence.
- Establishing research-driven, best practices in professional learning communities and development.
- Implementing Empathy to Impact Curriculum and project design into pre-existing curriculum, pedagogical approaches, and new initiatives to bring relevance and life to teaching and learning.
- Applying Deep learning, global and intercultural competencies into curriculum and existing educational programs.
- Creating student, teacher, and community wellbeing programs that identify wellness strands connected to social-emotional learning, physical, financial, and mental health.
- Partnering locally and globally to implement the UN SDGs and global competence initiatives by students, teachers, and whole schools
- Sparking inquiry into the campus as a learning lab, highlighting operations and management practices of the school that allows for relevant learning and sustainable thinking.
- Facilitating soft skills: the human and people skills that support student leadership, communication, and collaboration to develop community impact projects and high level service-learning relationships.
- Amplifying digital citizenship through the responsible production and consumption of media through a unique Global Youth Media platform and program.
See more information on Inspire Citizens’ Global Impact Schools Self-study tool and resources here.